Saturday, August 20, 2011

Who's with you against the world?

Today I cried. I cried because I lost my best friend.

No she didn't die. No she didn't move away. Actually she's in the same place that she's always been...right down the street.


We actually haven't spoken in over a year over something that best friends should be able to get over. But because of our strong personalities, we both waited for the other to call and apologize, and obviously neither of us budged.

Until today.

I called her. I called her and asked how she was doing. I called her and I apologized. She apologized too.

Very rarely do I say I'm going to be the bigger person when I feel like someone did me wrong. But today I got sad. I thought of all the people I'm friends with, all the people that I've been friends with. I realized that she was always the one person that I could always rely on.

For a long time, it was me and her against the world. Even when we both were in relationships, it was me and her against the world. And today, I felt like I was against the world, and it killed me to know that it was just me, just me against the world.

I love my boyfriend, and I know he's always going to be there for me. But he can't offer me that best friend relationship I need because he's got his own best friend.

So I screwed up. A year ago I didn't think about how rude and crude this world could be. I didn't think how much I needed her. I was only thinking of how she hurt me at that moment. But I didn't think about how much other people hurt me and how often she was there.

We had a strong friendship. Although I've found people that I had more things in common with, they still didn't get me the way she did.

So today I called her. I called her and asked how she was doing. I called her and I apologized. She apologized too.

But at the end of the conversation, she still felt a million miles away. I lost my best friend.

So if you read this, I encourage you to tell that one person who is with you when you're against the world and the world is against you that you never want to lose them. Because when you don't have that person, its the most empty feeling in the world.








No comments:

Post a Comment